OTSI's Transmittal Systems:
We have several ways of transmitting files: TASP and Files to Go
1. TASP (Transcription Application Service Provider)
- Doctor dictates into a system using the land phones or
cellphones, dictaphones, or hand-held recorders. Once the doctor
has dictated he sends the files into the TASP via the web portal to
a secured server. This server, which is fully HIPAA compliant,
automatically makes a duplicate copy which will be on the server
securely held for five days (after which is archived and can be
recalled for a fee) and then automatically transmits the file to
our facility. All communications to and from the server is done via
128-bit SSL encrypted transmission. Making a duplicate and sending
the files to our facility is done in less than 12 seconds.
- The voice/data file is accessed via the web in our facilities
and transcribed in accordance with the instructions of client. Once
the OTSI team has finished working on the files, the transcribed
file is sent back to the TASP server.
- The transcribed file is sent to the respective physician's web
portal. There the doctor can view it and accept the transcription
by electronically signing the document. The file can then be
migrated into the doctor's or hospitals existing system. A
distribution/faxing/printing system can even be set up for the
larger clinics and hospitals (for an additional fee).
Important reminder: To access TASP, one must be a
subscriber to any one of the numerous systems available. If user is
not a current subscriber, there is additional cost of subscription
and installing software. There is also a regular fee per line of
Many progressive MT companies are already using this because it
is very affordable and works as well as any TASP. What's great is
this is chargeable to us and is absolutely free to you and the
hospital. And because it is so affordable, imagine its impact on
our rates - definitely lower because we don't have cost recovery to
Some features of FilesToGo:
- No software needed. It doesn't matter what OS you use.
- Very easy to use (plain English) user interface. (As easy as,
or easier than using Yahoo.)
- No limit to the number of users we can set up. (We can set
individual accounts easily in the future your future
- No limit to hard drive space available and no limit to the
length of time you can store our files on our servers.
- Each user gets his own list of files he is allowed to
- Optionally include a file description with each file. You don't
have to second guess the meanings. Ex. file1.doc - This is the
transcribed file, file2.wav - this is edited voice file, etc.
- Company branding. Once you login, all pages contain user's name
and the company's.
- Online reporting features tell you who is uploading /
downloading what and when.
- Optional secure (SSL) uploads and downloads. This makes us
- Please go to FilesToGo for
complete list of features.
Please get in touch with us for details.