To address the shortage of qualified medical transcriptionists in a growing industry in the Philippines, we launched OTSI Medical Transcription Institute. The school, conveniently located in Las Pin(as City, Metro Manila, has two lecture rooms, two computer-laboratories equipped with the state-of-the-art IT software, and a well-stacked library containing medical and other reference books covering a wide range of topics. Our classes are conducted by medical doctors, MT editors and computer expert. At peak load, we can have two classes per shift of four hours each, making a maximum student load of 180 per day on three shifts.
OTSI Medical Transcription Institute is accredited by TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority) with registration No. 0613032121. TESDA is the government regulatory body for technical and vocational-training learning centers. We are also in partnership with the government in providing training to qualified MT scholars through the TESDA-PGMA Finishing Course for Medical Transcription.
Our schoolís vision is to provide the medical transcription industry with the best MTís in the Philippines. To achieve this, we have designed a special course curriculum that combines our first-hand knowledge of the business at OTSI Baguio and the industry, the experiences of other medical transcription schools in the Philippines, and the basic course structure provided by TESDA.
EARN BIG BUCKS:
- Short 6-month course
- Flexible schedules
- Easy payments
The Medical Transcription industry is huge.
Estimated at US$13 billion in 2004, it is one of the fastest growing new industries today with average growth of 10% a year. Yet, there is an extreme shortage of medical transcriptionists. Philippines Daily Inquirer recently reported that the country needs around 150,000 new MTs every year for the next five years.
The global thrust is to outsource the job overseas due to lower operating costs. The Philippines is a country of choice of U.S. physicians because of our English proficiency, exposure to American culture and reasonable labor wages.
OTSI Institute can help you become an MT.
Our education program will develop your skills and prepare you for the job. Once youíve earned your TESDA registered certificate, you can apply for a job as an MT in the Philippines, USA and other countries like Canada, Australia, England, Pakistan, India, etc.
The 10 advantages of an OTSI education:
- The first TESDA registered Medical Transcription school in Las Pinas City fully dedicated to the industry
- A sister company of Optimum TransSource, Inc., a full-service medical transcription company based in Baguio City
- Comprehensive curriculum; you can take your OJT on campus requirements and materials will be provided by our OTSI MT company. Or, if you have a company in mind, we could give you a recommendation.
- Accessible from Alabang, Paranaque, Makati, Cavite, and Laguna
- A few steps from SM SouthMall
- Faculty consists of veteran corporate executives, ITs, and medical doctors
- Easy payment plans and terms
- State-of the art facilities and training materials
- All lecture rooms and laboratories are fully equipped and air-conditioned
- Library is well-stacked with medical and other reference materials
OTSI Institute offers the following programs:
- Beginner/Intermediate: 340 hours plus 160 hours in-house OJT
(For regular college graduates and undergrads)
- Allied Health levels : 200 hours plus 160 hours in-house OJT
(For graduates of medicine. Graduates of allied courses like nursing, PT, etc. need to pass our Medical Entrance Exam to be exempted from full course.)
Upon presentation of diploma or certificate of completion of past courses finished, applicant must pass the OTSI Entrance Exam.
What are the steps in becoming an MT?
- Take the OTSI entrance test. An average of 80% qualifies you.
- Choose your payment terms.
Your choice of class schedules:
- Five hours/day, five days/week for total of 340 hours plus 160 hours OJT;
- Saturdays, 9 AM to 5 PM for total of 340 hours plus 160 OJT.
Upon completion of required hours, you have the option for OJT within school. Should you opt for off-school OJT, then the OJT fee is waived.
After successful completion of all the requirements, you will be issued a TESDA registered Certificate of Completion.
Enroll now and be a medical transcriptionist in just 6 months!
Contact us at (632) 836-0313
Our key management personnel:
- Antonio D. Chong, Jr, President
- Dr. Gisela T. Sarmiento, Medical Dept. Head
- Patrick Tejada, Medical Transcription Head
- Athena L. Dacanay, English Dept. Head
- Lea Cejalvo, School Administrator
- Grace D. Chong, Treasurer
- Jan Jacob Z. Dacanay, Corporate Secretary
Address: 3/F R.R. Gonzales Bldg, 467 Real Street, Las Pinas City
Email address: email@example.com