To address the shortage of qualified medical transcriptionists in a growing industry in the Philippines, we launched OTSI Medical Transcription Institute in August 2006. The school, located in Las Pinas City, Metro Manila, is a short walking distance away from SM Southmall. Our classes are conducted by medical doctors, MT editors, English professors, and computer experts.
OTSI Medical Transcription Institute is accredited by TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority) with registration No. 0613032121. TESDA is the government regulatory body for technical and vocational-training learning centers. We are also in partnership with the government in providing training to qualified MT scholars through the TESDA.
Our school’s vision is to provide the medical transcription industry with the best MT’s in the Philippines. To achieve this, we have designed a special course curriculum that combines our first-hand knowledge of the business at OTSI Baguio and the industry, the experiences of other medical transcription schools in the Philippines, and the basic course structure provided by TESDA.
To date, more than 90% of our graduates are already gainfully employed—or self employed, home-based home—here and abroad.
FLASH! FLASH! FLASH!
ATTENTION NURSING GRADUATES AND ALLIED MEDICAL COURSES!
While waiting for employment or papers for going abroad, take our special short-term Medical Transcription course and have an alternative career for immediate employment!
EARN BIG BUCKS!
- After only 5 weeks! Special short Medical Allied course for nursing graduates and graduates of allied medical courses.
- After 5 months for regular students.
* In-house OJT offered for the above.
The Medical Transcription industry is huge.
Estimated at US$17 billion today, it is currently one of the fastest growing new industries with an average growth of 10% a year. Yet, there is an extreme shortage of medical transcriptionists. The Philippine Daily Inquirer recently reported that the country needs around 150,000 new MTs every year for the next five years.
The global thrust is to outsource the job overseas due to lower operating costs. The Philippines is a country of choice of U.S. physicians because of our English proficiency, exposure to American culture and reasonable labor wages.
OTSI Institute can help you become an excellent MT.
Our education program will develop your skills and prepare you for the job. Once you’ve earned your TESDA registered certificate, you can apply for a job as an MT in the Philippines, USA and other countries like Canada, Australia, England, Pakistan, India, etc. You may also work at home with your own clients! Your training preapres you to also become a legal transcriptionist, office encoder, and many others, here and abroad.
The 10 advantages of an OTSI education:
- The first TESDA-registered Medical Transcription school in Las Pinas City fully dedicated to the industry
- A sister company of Optimum TransSource, Inc., a full-service medical transcription company based in Baguio City
- Comprehensive curriculum; you can take your OJT on campus requirements and materials will be provided by our OTSI MT company. Or, if you have a company in mind, we could give you a recommendation.
- Accessible from Alabang, Paranaque, Makati, Cavite, and Laguna
- A few steps from SM SouthMall
- Faculty consists of veteran corporate executives, ITs, and medical doctors
- Low and easy payment terms
- Modern facilities and customized training materials
- All lecture rooms and laboratories are fully equipped and air-conditioned
- Library is well-stacked with medical and other reference materials
OTSI Institute offers the following programs:
- Allied Medical level : 200 hours plus 160 hours in-house OJT
(For graduates of medicine and allied courses like nursing, PT, etc. You only need to pass our Medical Entrance Exam to take advantage of our Five-week course.)
- Regular Course: 340 hours plus 160 hours in-house OJT
(For regular college graduates and undergrads)
Upon completion of required hours, you have the option for OJT within school grounds. Should you opt for off-school OJT, then the OJT fee is waived.
After successful completion of all the requirements, you will be issued a TESDA-registered Certificate of Completion.
Upon presentation of diploma or certificate of completion of past courses finished, applicant must pass the OTSI Entrance Exam.
What are the steps in becoming an MT?
- Take the OTSI entrance test.
- Choose your payment terms.
Your choice of class schedules:
- Morning class (8 to 12 noon), Monday to Friday.
- Afternoon class (1 to 5 p.m.), Monday to Friday.
- Whole day (8 to 5 p.m.) for Allied Students.
Upon completion of required hours, you have the option for OJT within school. Should you opt for off-school OJT, then the OJT fee is waived.
After successful completion of all the requirements, you will be issued a TESDA registered Certificate of Completion.
Enroll now and be a medical transcriptionist in just 5 weeks, or 5 months!
Contact us at (632) 836-0313
Our key management personnel:
- Antonio D. Chong, Jr, President and School Administrator
- Dr. Gisela T. Sarmiento, Medical Department Head
- Patrick Tejada, Medical Transcription Head
- Athena L. Dacanay, English Department Head
- Grace D. Chong, Treasurer
- Jan Jacob Z. Dacanay, Corporate Secretary
- Atty. Juan Ruffo D. Chong, Legal Consultant
Address: 3/F R.R. Gonzales Bldg, 467 Real Street (Alabang-Zapote Road), Las Pinas City
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
I enrolled at OTSI with the idea of ending my monotonous 11-year housewife life. After just 4 months of training plus a month of OJT, I was immediately hired by them no less!
OTSI changed my life by giving me back the self-esteem and self-confidence that I'd lost through the years. OTSI may seem like a small school but to most of us graduates, it is the institution with a "big heart" to empower people from all walks of life. Keep it up OTSI!
~ Kris Cortez, Batch 16, 2010
...OTSI's English and Medical booklets were written and compiled by a credible team of teachers and physicians who also served as our effective lecturers. The best part about OTSI's curriculum is the OJT which exposed me to a number of dictation files that developed my motivation, patience, alertness, resourcefulness and sense of accuracy.
I am proud to be a graduate of OTSI. Now that I have been employed by an MT firm within two weeks after I have completed the course, I came to realize that training at OTSI really made a big difference.
~ Jaylan Reyes, Batch 13, 2009
Nearing 40 years old and unemployed, I wasn't sure what sort of work I could possibly find that didn't have strict age requirements. Somebody suggested medical transcription. I looked for a school and found OTSI by chance. It was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. I initially had my apprehensions about the course, having had virtually no medical background, and very dated computer skills. My worries vanished as soon as I started. OTSI has given me all the necessary skills and knowledge one would need to become a competent MT.
Barely weeks after finishing the course, I found employment as an MT! Age is never a barrier. One of my classmates was a 72-year-old lady. I even finished top of my class!
I had a problem and the solution was the OTSI education: guaranteed quality training, not to mention an instant family by my side! Thank you!
~ Gladys Sia, Batch 9, 2009
Their curriculum is one of the best in the country, providing me with all the tools that I needed in order for me to compete in the Medical Transcription industry. Management support has been incredible. They have been supportive and continue to do so long after I have graduated. OTSI has equipped me with the necessary skills that landed me my first job in MediCall, one of the most prestigious medical transcriptionist firms in the country.
OTSI has paved the way for my Medical Transcriptionist career. I highly recommend OTSI! If you want to fast track your career enroll in OTSI. Be a medical transcriptionist the OTSI way!
~ Patrick Puzon, Batch 8, 2008